Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Aptronyms

Have you ever noticed how some people's name perfectly fit them?
Its called aptronyms.
As in "aptly named".
Whether it's a coincidence or destiny, I'm not sure.
I just know how awesome it could be to have
a name that matches the thing that you do best.
For example:
Tiger Woods - is a champion golfer
Usain Bolt - is the world's fastest man
Alto Reed - is an international saxophonist
Eugene Torre - is the 1st Asian Chess Grandmaster
Dr. Russell Brain - is a well-known brain surgeon
Pretty cool huh?
My son's name is "Kydlat".
It's the Filipino word for "lightning".
It's not a nickname. It's his given name.
I wonder what he's going to be when he grow up?
A Nascar driver?
A racehorse jockey?
An electrician?
A kickboxer?
Who knows.
But whatever is fine.
I just hope he doesn't become a snatcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment